Growing Freedom & Garden Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Growing Freedom & Garden Forum

Community interaction from the Growing Freedom and Garden Podcast. www.growing-freedom.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

oak trees and mushrooms

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1oak trees and mushrooms Empty oak trees and mushrooms Thu May 05, 2011 11:14 am

pdonahue

I have been collecting acorns and sprouting them, I have to put them in containers since I have no place to plant them. How long can I keep hardwoods like this in containers? Do they transplant well or should they go in the ground as soon as possible? Have you heard of inoculating oak and nut trees with types of mushroom spoors that grow symbiotically with them to create a permaculture food forest?

2oak trees and mushrooms Empty Re: oak trees and mushrooms Fri May 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Growing Freedom

Growing Freedom
Admin

Haven't heard of doing that with mushrooms, maybe someone else has, on the oak trees, a couple ideas. The trees should let you know when they need trans planting, but they may be stunted by too small of a pot, but potting up may help. I have seen trees in pots as big as 15ft so it can be done. Maybe my experimenting you can become the expert on this. Inoculating with mushrooms is usually done with cut trees, it may either not work or kill the tree, I really don't know.

http://growing-freedom.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum